GPSFileDepot.com

Android Back Country Navigator Pro Map install help needed please

Started by jonemiles, September 03, 2019, 01:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonemiles

Hello,

Using Android devices with Back Country Navigator Pro. Trying to install BobT maps but not having any success. Finally got the same Maps installed on Garmin Montana after many wasted hours only to find out basecamp updates blocked the display of maps.
I've spent hours trying to set up Android devices and wondering if there is also an unknown problem. Would be happy to PayPal someone for help with setup.
Thank you!

jolly47roger

As far as I know, BackCountryNavigator does not support Garmin maps. The only Android app that I know of that does support Garmin maps is Orux. The app is free but the rendering is not brilliant quality.

Boyd

@ jolly47roger - I have enjoyed our discussions and am very impressed by your maps and software. But that response is misleading and not very helpful. I don't use BobT's maps, but they are popular, he has a presence in the forums here and has been happy to help users with issues.

@ jonemiles - I think BobT's maps work on Backcountry Navigator, these are not Garmin format maps. A quick search of the site for "BobT" will probably answer any questions, or contact him directly if you're still having problems. See this for starters:

https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4214.0

or this:

https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=4399

jonemiles

Another attempt...Opened BobT step by step instructions on PC. Then used Samsung Galaxy 10" tablet to walk through the steps vs smaller Galaxy 8 Plus. Noticed the download icon beside individual maps that isn't/wasn't displayed on phone. Hmmm!  What else may I have missed using cell phone?  I downloaded file then followed instructions. Still no maps listed under Trip database. Went back through the instructions again but didn't change any settings. When I opened the trip database the WV-VA-KY June 2019 was showing. What?  It wasn't there a few minutes ago and I didn't change anything. Does it take a few minutes to display?
Got both tablet and phone set up running BCN and BobT maps. Thank you BobT  I want to offer you a donation for all your time invested. Please contact me directly for your preferred method. Sincerely appreciate it.

Now to find better USA maps like Garmin NT. Much easier to navigate with visible highways for landmarks IMHO.

Maybe Lifetime Trail Maps would be a better option. Yeah! $250.00 But...

Quote from: jonemiles on September 03, 2019, 01:02:19 AM
Hello,

Using Android devices with Back Country Navigator Pro. Trying to install BobT maps but not having any success. Finally got the same Maps installed on Garmin Montana after many wasted hours only to find out basecamp updates blocked the display of maps.
I've spent hours trying to set up Android devices and wondering if there is also an unknown problem. Would be happy to PayPal someone for help with setup.
Thank you!

jolly47roger

Apologies for that - I searched for "BobT" and they appeared to be Garmin Maps.