GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Wisconsin snowmobile trail map

Started by snowrider, February 21, 2013, 05:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd

Quote from: eaparks on February 21, 2013, 09:17:10 AMI'm able to get to their download page using the link in my post.
Screenshot (.jpg) of the page.

Yes, that is what I saw using Firefox. But with Safari, it's just a blank page.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: Boyd on February 21, 2013, 05:49:37 AM
Here is the site where the map is hosted. I suggest that you contact them, since it is their map: http://gpssledmaps.com/
I contacted gpssledmaps and received the following response:
QuoteThanks so much - yes, gpssledmaps.com has been ignored while we've been working on redpinemapping.com and our new iPhone app.  It's on our list to fix it!
So, it you are able to download their free mapsets, great. If not, remember that patience is a virtue.

ftballpack2

Hello Guys,

So, I justed checked the same page that you guys had mentioned earlier, the "gpssledmaps.com" site.  If you check the source code for the blank pages you can see the text is indeed embedded into the pages.  So, out of curiosity, I used a Virtual Machine (virtual OS install) with Internet Explorer 6 that I keep around for legacy software.  Guess what, the pages displayed perfectly!

So, out of curiosity, I downloaded firefox 2.0.0.20 from portableapps.com and did an extraction to a new folder on my desktop (portable apps version are non-install versions which means you can delete the folder afterwards with nothing extra left on your computer).

So, I loaded the page up and everything on the page displayed perfectly.  The page must be built using legacy html code, I did not too inspect too closely into the code to find out what the exact display issue is.   

Living in Wisconsin I downloaded the Wisconsin 2009 free maps and loaded it into basecamp.  Everything worked perfectly!  They seem to be missing big parks of Marathon County but considering they are free, I can not complain.

You can find the portable apps version of firefox @:  portableapps. c o m /apps/internet/firefox_portable (just copy and paste to your browser and remove the extra spaces)  Just scroll down the page to find the legacy listing and 2.0.0.20, which worked for me.  Just don't go web browsing all over the place with 2.0.0.20 as I am sure their are several known web browser exploits by this time.

Also, you can not have regular firefox and portable versions open at the same time so, close your regular firefox install when you try to open the portable version open or the portable version will not work!

Keep away from the forum page also with firefox 2.0.0.20 portable, it does appear that sometime in early 2012 some web bots found a way to take over the forum.  I would not be surprised if one of the links has some crazy old school firefox 2.0.0.20 web exploits linked from it.