GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSFileDepot: New Design/upgrades

Started by -Oz-, September 18, 2011, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaparks

I am also seeing the long Map titles not wrapping correctly; using XP, IE9, 22" monitor.  If I activate "Compatibility View" then the extended line with the long title wraps correctly but also all unaffected rows (short titles) are doubled in height too, and then I'm not able to read all of the text in the column headings, due to some of the text being cut off.

-Oz-

Quote from: Boyd on September 26, 2011, 02:18:15 PM
I see a minor bug on the map page where additional maps by the same author are listed. For example: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/28

Notice that it says "Other Maps By (See All)". Really, it should say "Other Maps By Oz (See All)." This problem seems to exist on all the map pages I've seen, regardless of author.
Fixed

The other problem is a problem (I'm sure sure how FF 3.0 is displaying it correctly).  I'll have to play around to make it work.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

jbensman

On the map page for at least My Trails there are two boxes at the top.  The one on the left goes down further than the one on the right.  The text begings to display under the right box instead of starting to display under the lower left box.  I tried adding a couple of CR but the text still starts in the wrong place.  Thanks

-Oz-

Quote from: jbensman on September 30, 2011, 09:10:17 AM
On the map page for at least My Trails there are two boxes at the top.  The one on the left goes down further than the one on the right.  The text begings to display under the right box instead of starting to display under the lower left box.  I tried adding a couple of CR but the text still starts in the wrong place.  Thanks
Fixed this error. I went back and removed the extra lines so it looks good.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

Fixed the overlap problem on the map list pages.  I had it just "lop" off the rest of the map name though so hopefully that isn't too much of an issue until I can figure something else out.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

jbensman

Thanks for fixing the overlap problem!

The problem with uploading big files is still there.  It took me 2 tries to upload the new Windows version of My Topos (little over 1 gig).  I am on my 3rd attempt to upload the Mac installer.  The first time the Windows uploader stopped uploading was after a couple of hours of it uploading.  The first MAC stalled right away and the second attempt stalled after about 3 hours. I have it uploading again and hope it works this time.

Maybe it has something to do with how slow uploads are (why are they so slow?)  Normally what happens after 2 or 3 hours, is it just stops and it shows 0 kbs.  I did not have any problems when I uploaded a new version of My POIs and My Trails.

maps4gps

The slower upload speed may be due to a limitation of the service provider.  Mine limits the upload speed to about 30% of the download - about 10Mb/minute download, 3Mb/minute for upload.  I have heard that if a faster service was available for my area,  the upload speed might still be limited to 3Mb/minute.   

Seldom

My (wireless) service just got upgraded to 4MB down, 1MB up.  After that I noticed that my uploads to GPSfiledepot became more reliable.  Of course my biggest upload was only .5 gig.

jbensman

I've got high speed charter internet.  I know I can upload much faster than this site allows me.

One more thing I forgot to point out, the java applet is normally locked up after it stops uploading.  I usually have to go back to the place where I select upload new version.  This would not be as bads if there was a way to resume the upload after it stops uploading.

Seldom

What browser are you using?  I'm using Firefox and current Java, and have been able to resume uploads w/ no problem.

jbensman

I am using IE9.  Could that be causing the problem?

What steps do you follow to get it to resume uploading after it stops?

It locked up on 89% so I am on my 4th attmpt to upload it. 

Seldom

I haven't done this since June, or July, but I seem to recall a "resume" button of some sort.

jbensman

Well after about 5 hours it stopped again.  I could not get screen capture to work, so I took a picture of my screen and have attached it.  If I click on the add button, it brings up a file directory.  If I click on jump loader I get a warning from Norton and if I select allow nothing happens.  Nothing else is responsive.  I am getting really frustrated with this and am about to give up trying to provide a MAC version.  I am going to not close the window and open a new window and upload the MAC version of My POIs and My Trails.  Maybe someone can tell me how I can upload the MAC installer for My Topos

Seldom

Afraid we'll need to leave this one for Oz.  IIRC when my upload stopped the "Retry Failed" button activated to resume upload.

-Oz-

This afternoon after work I will take a look.  The most reliable way to upload is to let the java program upload via FTP but due to all the recent Java security issues they broke that functionality in the newest updates.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!