News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSFileDepot: New Design/upgrades

Started by -Oz-, September 18, 2011, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Oz-

All,

As you can see the new version of GPSFileDepot has gone live.  Although I attempted to do extensive bug testing there are likely a few issues floating around.  This is the thread to post any problems you run into.  The new design also moves the code and features into modern times and includes some upgrades to help users get help and get content with ease.

When posting a "look" problem please include what browser and version you are using.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

The forums are scheduled for an upgrade as well both in terms of functionality and moving to the new design.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Wow, you've been busy. Nice job, looking good in Firefox on Windows!  :D

Seldom

Can't find a link to maps.  Also, what's with the karma?  Mine's pretty bad already.
Got to the maps by typing in the URL.  Page looks nice, but links to individual maps on Custom Maps page for AZ don't work.
My browser is Firefox 6.0.2 (Win7-64).  Firewall is BitDefender.

-Oz-

Crap, updating the forums change the column names... I'll work on the fix right now.

Your Karma is currently +1; I figured it was like giving thanks; maybe it isn't such a good idea.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

Alright, that bug is fixed.  Let me know if you see any others.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

Map links are working now, but I'd still like to see a link from the forums to the maps.  My primary bookmark is to the forums, without a link to the maps, I'll need two bookmarks.

-Oz-

I'm working on it; I hope to have the modified forums theme up in the next couple hours.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

The new forums theme is up.  Now you can get everywhere else on the site from the forums and vice-versa.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

jbensman

I like the look of things!  Great job!

By any chance has the problem with uploading big maps locking up been fixed? 

Seldom

Quote from: jbensman on September 18, 2011, 08:39:28 PM
By any chance has the problem with uploading big maps locking up been fixed?
How big is big?  I uploaded .5 gig on July 29 w/ no problems.

maps4gps

On the page(s) listing the mapsets available for individual States, the first two+- letters of the column heardings are truncated.

-Oz-

@maps4gps: What browser?  I assume by headings you mean the "Topo", "Roads", etc?

I can't replicate the problem in Chrome or IE9
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

Quote from: -Oz- on September 19, 2011, 08:29:37 AM
@maps4gps: What browser?  I assume by headings you mean the "Topo", "Roads", etc?
I can't replicate the problem in Chrome or IE9
Looks fine on Firefox 6.

maps4gps

IE9
version 9.0.8112.16421
update versions 9.0.2

That is some strange version number.