GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin 450 Tracback Question

Started by Buzz Waxwing, August 14, 2010, 04:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffkruse

I have very good coverage.  Almost all the satellites show up.

Seldom

I wasn't clear from your earlier answer if Birdseye was placing you on the road accurately.If you saw an error between your position and the road, or just between the Tiger roads and the Birdseye roads.

georgec

Does the frequency of logging the track points make a difference in the accuracy of TracBack? It can be configured to NORMAL, MORE OFTER, or MOST OFTEN. Maybe more log points would keep you closer to the track??

geo

Seldom

More frequent position sampling may result in better alignment between the track and the trail if you have good view of the sky.  I doubt you would notice the difference on a trackback, however.  Frequent sampling with poor view of the satellites would just result in more noise. 

Buzz Waxwing

Since I started this topic I haven't yet figured out a good way to do the back track.  On my Magellan Meridian you could walk, drive or what ever and when you wanted to return you didn't have to create a route or anything just hit a few buttons and select "activate bactrack" and it would create a road and put a target right in the middle of the screen and arrows would point back to the middle if you were going off course as well as give you the distance to the next turn whether it is feet or miles it worked great.  I guess I just figured all GPS's worked that way.  I'll keep trying to figure it out.

MichaelJ07

I don't have a 450, but a Garmin Tech told me that, in TrackBack mode, my 60csx will SEE the waypoints I made while tracking, but is not "looking for them" when I trackback.

This may or may not be the same for your 450.
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.