GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

60csx Active track log has a lot of entries

Started by MichaelJ07, June 08, 2010, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJ07

Is there some better setting for the track log in the 60csx?  I made about a 20 mile trek around my town (stopped here, stopped there, turned it off, turned it on, etc) and there were several track logs with 0 feet recorded and several with small distances.  I have it set to Auto.  Should it be set to Time or Distance?

Thanks for your help!
Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

onXmaps

Any time you turn your GPS off and on, the GPS creates a new track log.

These could be from just turning your GPS on briefly in your house and can date back to the last time you purged your track log.

Jimbob

Setting to time or distance provides a few more options. I prefer distance for hiking or ATV riding, for other activities something else might be better suited. For example time if you are traveling at 70mph. As has been pointed out saving data to the data card allows for using lots of space. My favorite .10 interval, distance, straigt route use larger interval, curvy route use smaller interval.
All is relative.

MichaelJ07

Great tips.  thanks.

I am not logging to the data card as I want to see the tracks on my device.
Yep, I understand post processing.  I clean it all up when I get home.

All of these questions and such are for me to get to know the 60csx for hunting and backpacking where I won't have a computer until I get back home.  I was concerned how the multiple active log tracks were being generated and, once again, you folks came to the rescue.

Thanks for the tips on setting the distance for road travel and for walking.

Great site with some of the most helpful folks on the Internet.

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

MichaelJ07

Well, hush my mouth!  I'll give her a try!!!!

Thanks! 

Mike
PS:  IT must be a violation of some universal law to be having this much fun......