GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

BirdsEye subscription card

Started by Indrid Cold, June 04, 2010, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indrid Cold

I like that they have made this available via a card purchase. Means I can buy a card and send it to an associate...

Garmin 010-11543-00

Boyd

Yeah, I saw one of those at REI the other day. Would make a nice gift for somebody.  :)

-Oz-

Looks like the same thing they're doing with the map subscriptions/upgrades.  Probably a smart move getting people to commit in the store
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

However... if you purchase a BirdsEye-compatible unit, don't buy one of these cards. Make the purchase on Garmin's website instead. When you register your GPS you will get a 10% coupon code which can be used to purchase anything at Garmin.com. You can then apply the code to a BirdsEye subscription.

This is what I did when I subscribed, and BirdsEye cost me $27 instead of $30.  ;D

Indrid Cold

In any case, shop around, several places sell them for less than the $30. I have seen DeLorme subscription cards going on sale over the3 net for about $20, wouldn't a sale on the Garmin card mean you could "stock up" on the next couple of years at a discount?

Boyd

Yes - sorry, that was a typo, I meant 10%.

Never thought of that... Buy.com is selling them for $28 in fact. Still not as good as $27 with the discount at Garmin though.  ;)

Indrid Cold

As they become available in more places I would thing there will be better pricing.