GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Which Micro SD card for the 60CSx and Map Segments question.

Started by MichaelJ07, June 02, 2010, 09:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJ07

Man, there sure are a lot of choices out there for these Micro SD cards.  I understand about half of the details in the descriptions.  Is there one brand or Class or whatever better than another?  I usually shop Newegg.com.

I understand the 60CSx can only handle just over 2000 map segments.  When I select maps with the map tool in MapSource, is each yellow rectangle ONE map segment?

Thanks.

Mike
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

maps4gps

Under the window on the left listing the quads/tiles selected, MapSource shows the total number of segments/quads/tiles and total size selected.

MichaelJ07

Ok, got it!  I feel so stupid sometimes asking such a question.

Thanks.
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

-Oz-

I don't think the 60csx accepts the SDHC cards, so other than those get as big as you can (without SDHC it may be 2-4gb)...  it could have been fixed in a firmware update.

You shouldn't pay more than $12 online for one.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

MichaelJ07

Indrid Cold

I think that with the latest software you can go as large as you want. I don't think you are going to need that big a card without a unit that accepts BirdsEye imagery.