News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo Process Program (BETA!)

Started by -Oz-, December 14, 2008, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepspace

2 quick questions:
A: would it be possible to have a check box that allows the computer to shut down once its finished a process batch? Say as a example having converted a batch of NED files.
B: any one noticed a getting some .bat files during a convert? I ended up with 3 while converting to .img this weekend.
Cheers-

-Oz-

it creates some bat files to do stuff...

I am getting ready to start java programming of it because I hate getting vb to work on windows 7.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Quote from: -Oz- on February 23, 2010, 08:00:05 PM
it creates some bat files to do stuff...

I am getting ready to start java programming of it because I hate getting vb to work on windows 7.

Let me know if you need help to get started.

deepspace

I was re-doing a few quads things where going as normal but all of a sudden when a quad is finished converting from mp to .img there is not .img file sitting in the folder. Th original .mp was re-named but nothing else. The first 2 in the folder went normally. I re-did and the same thing. Any body else have this happen? I did 88 with no issues at all.
Thanks

-Oz-

When I have this happen it means that the cgpsmapper has errored.  Normally an RGN table size error.  Solutions are hard to come by but most times I just split the map into smaller segments to avoid the error.  My Hawaii topo is a great example it has that issue all the time.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

updated v 1.0.21 (still in vb, sorry, working on it)

Update for the latest GNIS
Update for 2009 census roads
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Hello,
I am getting ready to update my NE topo map. Anything new with the topo process? I just installed it on a Windows 7 machine and still get the missing Msinet.ocx?
Thanks.

-Oz-

still need those vb modules;  I know the zip file is linked to and if you run the .bat as an admin it will install them.  I am currently TDY to Ohio so while I'm here I'm actually working on it in Java.  Its slow going for now :)
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

What bat files are you talking about? Maybe I installed the wrong zip file?

-Oz-

these are the vb libraries that are required: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tools/vb6-support-Install.zip

They were pretty much included in xp...

Make sure you have the latest Topo Process too so that you get the most recent census data
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

I tried the bat file but I am still getting the same problem.  I will wait for the Java version  ;)

-Oz-

i'll probably come asking for your help pretty soon :)
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

masdangkolo

Just FYI. I recently used ver 1.0.21 for the transportation files and discovered that files are now named 2009 while topo process still expects 2008. A simple work around is to download the files, and manually rename before continuing.

Also if you only have a single contour file, don't check "Combine..." as everything gets deleted except for 2 .prj files.

Quite a handy tool though.

-Oz-

crap, vb is only on my pc at home so i can't fix that from where I am right now
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!