GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

AZ TOPO...Where did it go?

Started by 4Guts, January 21, 2010, 06:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4Guts

Hello, all.  I did some searching, but nothing specific to what I'm looking for.

New GPSmap 60CSx.  Downloaded Garmin MapInstall linked by this site.  Downloaded AZ TOPO through this site.  Installed, found in MapInstall, selected 9 grids, transferred to GPS.

But where did it go?  How can I access this newly loaded map on my 60CSx?  I feel pretty confident it transferred.  In MapInstall it shows that my microSD card has spaced used.

In the map setup page on the GPS, there is an "i" icon that looks like it should have additional maps to select, but I don't have anything to select.

Edit:  I notice on the screenshots for the download here it says "mapsource" in the lower left corner.  Mine says "basemap."
Oh, and Garmin says I have the latest version of software.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

4Guts

Quote from: 4Guts on January 21, 2010, 06:40:18 AM
In the map setup page on the GPS, there is an "i" icon that looks like it should have additional maps to select, but I don't have anything to select.
When you get to this screen , press the Menu button. What exactly is listed there?

There is a little box, but there is nothing listed in it.  I'm guessing that this is where I would be able to select or switch between available maps.

Seldom

Quote from: 4Guts on January 21, 2010, 06:40:18 AM

If you select the "i" icon and hit Enter you should see a list of the maps installed on your GPSr with a check box beside them that you can select by using the up/down rocker.  Enter checks an unchecked box and unchecks a checked box.

You should have at least one map (the basemap) to check or uncheck.  It's in the hardware, so you can't delete it, but you can turn it on or off.

If you hit Menu after you've hit Enter to select the "i" box, you will then see a dialog that will let you show or hide entire map products.  Hit the "Quit" button to back out of this page so you get back to the check box list.

Boyd

Since you mentioned MapInstall, does that mean you are using a Mac? Just guessing that this could be related to the problem.

Seldom

I never used Autoname, so I'm having trouble imagining those boxes.  Could we have an Ximage screenshot?  And whatever happened with the loaded maps (in boxes), shouldn't he still be able to see a named basemap?

4Guts

Thank you for all of the replies.  Yes, I am using a Mac. 

I went back in and selected 4 map grids instead of 9...and guess what?  They are actually there now!  Even 9 grids only half way fills the microSD (64MB that came with), but the 4 came across just fine.

And I do see the map in the "i" menu with a checked box.

Strange.  I guess I'll have to play around with it a little bit more to see what, how many, and in what configuration I can send maps.  Oh, and I'll get a much bigger microSD card.

Thank you for your help.