News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo Process Program (BETA!)

Started by -Oz-, December 14, 2008, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Oz-

Quote from: savage on August 18, 2009, 03:32:02 AM
This is really frustrating. This is not solving the problem, but I may not have installed it correctly.
I hate Vista! Why don't you develop in Java instead  ;)

I hate vb actually; I just never learned Java...  I was thinking of trying to learn python now so that it can be cross-platform.  I can't wait to try and install this on windows 7 :)
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Hi Oz,

Were you out of touch for a while? If you want to rewrite it and are ready to learn something new then I suggest Java. Python is fine by me, but if you do it in Java, I will help you.

-Oz-

Sounds like Java it will be, is there a good compiler to start with?

Yea, I spent the last half a year in Afghanistan.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Welcome back!

At work we use NetBeans as a development environment (www.NetBeans.org). You probably want Java SE, but you can download everything if you want to use it for PHP and Web stuff.

You can also look at Eclipse (www.eclipse.org). It is very similar to NetBeans.

Both are equally good.

deepspace

Good evening, after working fall thru early winter with my map I have decided to re-build from scratch. I found queer little things that are not up to snuff. I have started gathering the data already. Question is: I see no reference to a newer version other than a query. Is there one?
Thanks-Marc

-Oz-

I haven't made any updates yet; the only thing that doesn't work is the GNIS data; just need to install the vb program on my new laptop
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

Thanks for the reply Oz, shall continue with out supervision.

deepspace

Any reason to think that postgis 8.4 will be a problem?
I just downloaded and installed FW tools, Postgresql 8.4 installed postgis data base and made a transport run, doing so separately.
Extract and download: OK no problems (copied files to separate location so I would not have to do it again)
Combine files: OK all lines result, copied again
postgis: resulted in just a transportation.prj file only

I seem to re-call this from before
here is the error:
Shapefile type: Arc
Postgis type: MULTILINESTRING[2]

here is the settings.inc:
[Software]
fwtools=C:\Program Files\FWTools2.4.6\bin
postgis=C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin
cgpsmapper=C:\Program Files\cgpsmapper.exe
[User]
dem=C:\washington\contours\51725823
interval=20
trans=C:\washington\transport
gnis=C:\washington\gnis
nhd=C:\washington\nhd
[PostGIS]
host=localhost
database=postgis
user=postgres
pass=kimmei

Thanks-

-Oz-

Alright; I'll be installing the latest postgresql and postgis this weekend so i can test then.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

Good day all, Oz any luck ferreting out issues with new Post? Other some of the layout ones.
Cheers-Marc

deepspace

Good Morning, I just processed my nhd data. I watched my folder as the topo process created water body.shp and so forth. All went well until it combined everything, when it was done what was left once more was just prj files. Thoughts?
error log:
Shapefile type: PolygonZ
Postgis type: MULTIPOLYGON[4]

-Oz-

My windows 7 computer started crashing so I had to fix that and now try to install it.

If you look in the database with pgadmin III you shoudl be able to see if its ever loading data into the database.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

I do not see that is connects, opened admin and watched also same thing. I do not see a error in the settings, postgis 1.4 for PostgreSQL 8.4 was installed via the stack builder.
[Software]
fwtools=C:\Program Files\FWTools2.4.6\bin
postgis=C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin
cgpsmapper=C:\Program Files\cgpsmapper.exe
[User]
dem=C:\washington\contours\51725823
interval=20
trans=C:\washington\transport
gnis=C:\washington\gnis
nhd=C:\washington\nhd
[PostGIS]
host=localhost
database=postgis
user=postgres
pass=kimmei

deepspace

I found the answer. In the 8.3 version you open the pg_hba.conf file from start>all programs>postgresql X.X>Configurations Files
There is not such thing with 8.4.
one needs to open explore/program files/postgresqls/8.4/data/pg_hba.conf and change the settings to trust as done with 8.3

-Oz-

Good to know, glad you figured it out because I couldn't get it since I did that and didn't realize I had done it :)

I'll modify the tutorial.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!