GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Uploading new Garimin Custom raster maps?

Started by eaparks, November 06, 2009, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaparks

I have been trying to upload a Custom Garmin raster map .kmz file that has 8 individual map tiles in the single .kmz file and keep getting an error message.  I thought GPS File Depot was accepting kmz file uplaods now.   Can my .kmz file to be uploaded only contain 1 map tile?  Thanks for any help.

Boyd

Yep, on the PC right-click on your kmz file and choose Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder. You will then be able to upload. Glad to see somebody else has custom maps to contribute, I have a bunch here: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/byuser/282/

-Oz-

Do you guys think people would mind downloading the actual .kmz file?  I can allow those as well.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Actually the .kmz file *is* the custom map, that's the beauty of it. It just needs to meet Garmin's guidelines in terms of the number of tiles and pixels.

eaparks

Thanks for the replies / help everyone.

If the .kmz file could be downloaded, that would be best because then it is just a simple copy and paste into the :Garmin/Custom Maps folder on the GPS or memory card... about as easy as it could be to get a custom map.

-Oz-

Alright; I've modded the script so that .kmz files can be uploaded as a "windows" file; I'll work on modding the windows/mac thing so that .kmz files are flagged as either OS.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!