GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

New To Mapping GPSr ( 60 CSx )

Started by 76Stinger, October 21, 2009, 05:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76Stinger

I just purchased my first mapping GPSr ( 60 CSx ) and was referred to this site for great files, maps, and info.  After being pointed by a fellow cacher to a couple of maps for my area, SE US and TN Topo, I DL'd the maps but don't have a clue how to get them into my 60.  I'm not much of a tech type so learning this on the fly.  Been caching with a eTrex Yellow for 2-1/2 years so this is a whole new world.  I have the original SD card that came with the unit so I'm sure I will need to upgrade.  Any size suggestions? 

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robert
76Stinger ( GC.com )
[email protected]

sunnybrook

I have multiple 2GB cards for my unit so I can load lots of maps to each card, including City Navigator on each one, and simply switch cards when I'm in different parts of the country.

Jeeping, off road type stuff.

sunnybrook

PS-Nothing larger than 2GB will work in the 60CSX.

maps4gps

There were a number of posts 2-3 months back (most/all on forums.groundspeak.com) that mentioned the software upgrade for the 60csx and 76csx would now support a 4Gb memory card.
However, the quad/tile limit was still 2040.  Use caution as NOT all 4Gb cards actually work in the Garmin units.

FlatlineFred

Quote from: sunnybrook on October 23, 2009, 07:46:16 AM
PS-Nothing larger than 2GB will work in the 60CSX.

Here's part of an email I got from Garmin where I asked about Class 4 SD HC.....
My CSx is running software version 4.10

Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will be happy to help you with this. The 60CSX can use up to a 4 gig microSD card. I have not heard anything of specific damage by class 4 cards. If you have heard from other customers on forums that they cause damage, then it might not be a good idea to use it. However, I haven't had the chance to test this specific type of card.