GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Uploading maps

Started by jbensman, November 14, 2008, 09:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbensman

Are there directiosn somewhere on how to upload your maps to the site?  I figured out the install compile now I cannot figure out how to add my maps to this site.  I get to the screen and it asks for one state when my maps cover several states so I am not sure how to handle that.  It also has a screen for content that I have no ideal what that is for.  And how to you get the map bounds for your map set?  Thanks.

jbensman

OK, I figured it out, but more problems.  It seems like I have to shut down Windows explorer after uploading a map set before I do another one.  If I don't it locks up on the java upload thing.  Also some how or the other One of my map sets is listed twice for each state.  Look at MO for example.  IN Manage Maps, it is listed once.  It might have to do with when I tried to upload it, it locked up.  After I restarted Internet explorer, I redid it.  But I only uploaded it once. 

-Oz-

I will be looking into why that one map showed up twice and have fixed it currently.

Also, I do not know why you have to reboot each time.  I would suggest upgrading Java.

BTW: Can you please rename your maps to something more user friendly than My Topo, and My ....

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!