GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Tracks on GPSMap60CSx

Started by astainback, September 01, 2009, 11:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astainback

The friend that sent me the tracks for the trails in WV had them in there separately.
So, there are 19 tracks.

With the unit limit of 20, this could pose a problem.
I already set the unit to save tracks to the card so I can see them later.  I like looking at them in MapSource and playing around with them.
The problem is, the tracks he sent touch in a lot of places.  I thought I could join them. 
When I tried to join them, it wants to join it to the beginning of the next track instead of where the cross. 
What I really want is to take all 19 and make them into one track and have it show in a different color than the track that I am laying down. 
Does anyone know the trick to joining tracks?  Even if they don't touch, is there a way to have two different tracks become one?
Garmin Montana 610
Garmin VivoActive HR

Indrid Cold

Are they tracks of trails or what? I guess you could combine them into a transparent overlay, freeing up your track memory, the downside is that you wouldn't be able to preform a trackback with the data of an overlay.

astainback

They are tracks.
I am still working on them.
I may try to make an overlay with them.
I am trying to join them up now.
Garmin Montana 610
Garmin VivoActive HR

Indrid Cold

My question was tracks of what? Such as trails? You can import all your tracks into GPSMapEdit and convert them to a transparent map. There is no need to join them, the software will place all of them as is in your map.

astainback

Thanks for the reply!!
I will look into that program.
I am going to search now.  I assume that is something discussed on here?
Thanks!
Garmin Montana 610
Garmin VivoActive HR