GPSFileDepot.com

Pics of North Carolina Topo in Mapsource. Whats wrong?

Started by aely828, August 04, 2009, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aely828

I recently downloaded SE USA Topo with installer for windows. After installation I pulled up the maps in Trip and Waypoint manager. There is no detail to the maps. The roads apear like red dotted lines, there are no contour lines and everything looks broken up when I zoom in. Looks almost like big irregular shaped pixels.  Any ideas to what I might be going wrong?

aely828

New to this forum. I just downloaded the SE US Topo and installed to mapsource. I also tried this with the North Carolina Topo. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I want to be able to load these into my Vista HCX. Is there something else I need to do to get these maps to work?

maps4gps

Those look like preview-image images.  Are the actually image files installed?  Did you zoom in enough to get to the actually image files?  As asked, what level of detail do you have MapSource set to?  Did you move the images files from where the intaller placed them?  The NC topo consists
of: 'mti_nc.img', 'mti_nc.tdb' and 187 files in the form '40nnnnnn.img' - the mti_nc.img file is the preview image and the 187 40....img files are the detailed map data.

aely828

Thanks for the replies. I guess I had to reboot my computer. This morning when I went back in to check on it the maps look fine. I had the highest detail set and that was all I got. It all looks fine now. Thanks!