News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Washington Excel

Started by Perry, July 29, 2008, 04:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry

Hi,

I downloaded the Washington quad excel spreadsheet and found that the NORTH, WEST, EAST, SOUTH coordinates were listed as the same for all quads.

Perry

-Oz-

Good catch. I've uploaded a fixed version.  Don't know how that happened.  Thanks Perry.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

bly

Figured I would give this a whirl and pulled down what I could for WA-state. However, the following entries in the posted spreadsheet came back empty. Can you double check them?

NORTH OF CAPE FLATTERY
SNOQUALMIE PASS
SPOKANE
TACOMA
TOPPENISH
TWISP
VANCOUVER
WALLA WALLA
WALLOWA
WENATCHEE
WESTPORT
YAKIMA

I could understand cape flattery, since that is the tip of the Olympic penninsula, but the rest should have something.

Thanks,

bly

bly

ps, i went for the tiff's. first try at this and did not want to drop the coin on the global-mapper, so went for the tiff version of the files.

thanks,

bly

NeuroDoc

I've downloaded all of the WA state files and they all had data when I got them.

I'm almost done with my WA topo map, and hope to posting a beta version here for folks to look at. The one thing I can't figure out yet is where to get trails for the national parks. I hike a lot in the Olympics, but can't find any trails data. A big shortcoming to my map so far.

bly

now I am seeing them. either they shut this down around midnight for backups, or I pulled too much data and they cut me off for the day.

you are way ahead of, I am still futzing around seeing if this is worth the effort just to get the baseline in place.

bly

-Oz-

the seamless server does go down sometimes.  Since this bypasses the stuff to get to the page you won't know it goes down.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!