GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Update Error when modifying Content Description?

Started by mhinch, January 14, 2022, 05:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhinch

When I attempt to modify the "Content" section of a map I've previously updated and am maintaining, I'm receiving an error:
====
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
====
Is anyone else seeing this or do you have any thoughts on it all?

Boyd

Not exactly sure what you're talking about. If I go to my Account/Files and click the Edit button on one of my maps, the "Content" section says

"To link to your download just put [DOWNLOAD] and the system will add the link for you."

So I don't think that section can be directly changed?

Or are you talking about the "Description" box? I have no problems making changes there, and updated quite a few of them recently.

mhinch

Boyd: Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to update the "content" section (as I have before). When I make edits and hit "Submit" at the bottom of the page, I get the error I mentioned. And email I attempt to send to webmaster@gpsfiledepot is undeliverable. I'm hoping someone can either help with the problem or put me in touch with the admin.
BTW - the part about linking to your download is how you put a clickable link in the content section so a user can download your map. I have that ("[DOWNLOAD]") as the last item in my Content section.

Boyd

Right. Like I said, I have updated a number of my own map descriptions recently and had no problems, so not sure why that is happening.

Unfortunately, the only person who could help is "Oz" - Dan Bloomberg, the site owner. He very rarely stops by here anymore, so "it is what it is". The last time he posted here was this comment on January 2. You could try sending him a PM or possibly use the link to report a post.

https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4928.msg26177#msg26177

sockmonkey

@mhinch

Just a thought but why not just submit your map and info as a "new" map, just a little copy and pasting and see if you can submit.

Boyd

Only problem with that is you can't (AFAIK) delete your own maps. You can request to have them deleted, but the last time I tried, nothing happened. Again, Dan is the only one who can do that.

Anyway, if you submit a new map, I think the old one will also still be here which could be confusing.

-Oz-

I"m trying to simulate what you found with one of my maps but I seem to be able to edit them just fine.

Which map is it so that I can check that specific one.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

mhinch

Map is: New Mexico - Philmont map.

Just tried again a moment ago and same problem. I principally use Chrome/Windows, but the same happens on MS Edge, if that helps.

I'm happy to try any ideas you have!