GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mobile Atlas Creator showing X's instead of Boyd's maps

Started by Damon, January 07, 2019, 01:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon

Hello, I live in Sweetwater nj and love the pine barrens. I used to use Boyds maps on my 60CSX all the time. They are fantastic. Thanks for that!
Recently I have followed the Mobile Atlas Creator install and adding Boyd's maps tutorials to the letter. For some reason when for example I see Boyds 1899 in MOBAC in the menu I click on it and nothing but red X's. Same for other maps. Win7 64bit. I know I am doing something stupid so please feel free to let me know just how stupid that thing is.
Thanks,
-Damon

Boyd

Hey Damon,

The red X marks mean there is no map data at the location you are browsing. You have not provided enough information to troubleshoot this, but a couple things come to mind.

Are you sure the area you're viewing is inside the coverage of the 1899 map? That map is bounded by Cape May in the South, Trenton in the North and the Delaware River in the West. The red X marks will appear if you aren't in the area.

You can verify your position using the OpenStreetMap mapsource (shown in your screenshot).

I use Mobile Atlas Creator on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to create all my maps, so it is definitely compatible with your system.

If you're sure that you are inside the coverage of the map, look inside the same folder as the Mobile Atlas Creator program. There should be a file named boydmap1899.mbtiles with a size of 1,399,255 KB. That is the actual map data. If this file is missing, or if it is corrupt then that could cause the problem.

Does my Map of the Pines HD work properly, or do you also see red X marks for it?

Boyd

Also - what version of Mobile Atlas Creator are you running? The tutorials with those maps have not been updated and the current version of MOBAC is 2.1.0. I suggest that you upgrade if you have not already done so, because the new version has several new built-in mapsources from the USGS, including aerials and topo maps.

You might also have a look at the tutorial I wrote for LIDAR in the Pines HD, which contains an update to the section on Mobile Atlas Creator, including mini-tutorials on exporting maps in additional formats. https://boydsmaps.com/docs/lidar-in-the-pines-hd.pdf

Damon

Thanks for the info. I will check out your suggestions and get back to you.
Thanks!

-Damon

Damon

Your right! Turns out I was in Belgium.  ::)
I knew it was something dumb like that. Tried on work computer with Win10 and it also works there too.
Thanks so much! Amazing maps. Love that 1899 one. Thanks for all the hard work you continue to do. A great service for all of us.

Boyd

Haha, that is easy to do accidentally in Mobile Atlas Creator. It would be nice if it moved your view when you select a map for a different region.

Thanks for the kind words, and glad you're enjoying the maps!  8)

nayam