GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Astro 320: Maps not displaying properly

Started by ImscaredofSnails, February 29, 2016, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImscaredofSnails

I have an Astro320, I have tried and tried again to load the NE topo United States Parts 1 and 3 onto this unit.
I have put the map files on the unit's internal memory and I have tried on an sd card. I have deleted the files and reloaded them. Every time I load the the maps they don't display all of the the detail as they should. The most detail that I have achieved is the lakes and stream will show up but nothing else.
When I see the data on Basecamp, it shows up with all of the topo, cities, roads etc. (all of its map glory). When I take the loaded sd card out of the Astro 320 and insert it into my Rhino650 or Oregon600 I get all of the the map glory! When I take the same sd card back to the Astro320 I see no map glory.

HELP! I don't know what is wrong here. I'm about to call Garmin (I feel like they will just tell me to buy their maps).

Thanks

wmashburn

I have a similar problem. I downloaded Idaho topo maps on my SD card and inserted into and astro 320. Nothing. Shows up great on basecamp, but nothing on the unit itself. You can even go into map setting on the handheld and it shows up as Idaho topo. You can enable it or disable it with no change. Thanks for the help

Boyd

Most likely this is the fault of Garmin's broken software. The May update (Basecamp 4.7 and MapInstall 4.2) do not work properly and produce the results that you describe. See this thread: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4539.0