GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

"Editor selected" maps

Started by Boyd, April 17, 2018, 09:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd

Many of the "editor selected" maps (shown in a box on the custom maps page) are getting quite old, and many (if not most) have the Windows registry bug. This is a constant source of confusion and frustration to new users, here's a thread from today that is typical: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4525.msg24582#msg24582 I'm sure there are others who have this problem but don't bother registering and posting to the forum.

Unfortunately I don't think the authors have any intention of updating most of these maps, so you might reconsider the recommendation for "editor selection". I realize this could take awhile, so another option might be eliminating the "editor selected" box altogether.

Just a suggestion... what do you think?

-Oz-

Sounds like a pretty good plan. That or I should just download each and fix the registry bug if there isn't' a latest version for the same area. In the next couple weeks I'll start hitting each one and testing it.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd