GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

NSIS Compile Error

Started by Mrbamboo, June 24, 2016, 02:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrbamboo

I have downloaded the new template and edited the info including converting and flipping my 4100 family id, and got an error just like below.  I then copied the files from the release folder to E:\Maptemp folder and still received the same error.

Processing script file: "E:\Maptemp\map_install_x64-x86.nsi"
   Invalid command: ;--------------------------------
   Error in script "E:\Maptemp\map_install_x64-x86.nsi" on line 1 -- aborting creation process

To me line 1 is a comment line, but somehow it is not reading it like one.  I am using the most current version of the nsi file and version 2.3 of the Makensisw compiler.  What am I doing wrong?

I am running Windows 10, and the first line is ;------------------------

I tried deleting the first line and is still gave me this error

Processing script file: "E:\Maptemp\map_install_x64-x86.nsi"
   Invalid command: ;
   Error in script "E:\Maptemp\map_install_x64-x86.nsi" on line 1 -- aborting creation process

kc

Hiya, did you manage to solve this issue? I'm having the same problem and would like to know how this was resolved.

Many thanks

popej

Mrbamboo

Yes, I did find the issue,

1. Download the NSIS compiler 3.01-rc-1 (earlier versions have the error)
2. Turn off all virus scanners (I also disconnected from the net.)

I also found that it did not register correctly for mapshare (Basecamp), so I am in the process of trying to duplicate the installation (registry entry's) that JaVaWa MapConverter uses when it converts and installs the maps.

Mrbamboo

GeoH

Same issue, fixed by editing the script in Notepad ++ and changing the Encoding to UTF-8 vs UTF-8-BOM and saving it out.