GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Az Topo not appearing in Basecamp

Started by rjack, February 08, 2016, 06:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjack

I downloaded AZ Topo and successfully went thru the Wizard  setup process but I cannot get the Az Topo to appear in BaseCamp.    ???????
Thanks,RJ

-Oz-

What version of Windows?

I just installed it with Windows 10 64-bit and Basecamp 4.4.6. as well as 4.5.2.

One person moved all the files from Program Files to C:\Garmin\Custom\Arizona Topo and it apparently worked.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

17FiXxXeR75

Same problem here.  But since I'm brand new to GPS so I'm sure it's operator error.  Just need to figure out where I'm going wrong. 

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit and BaseCamp version 4.6.2.  Will be sending the map to a Garmin GPSMAP 64s if I can get it to work.

17FiXxXeR75

Finally figure it out.  Left to its own devices, Windows 10 and my browser were not installing the map in the correct location.  I had to set it to put the map under "C:>garmin" where My Trails downloaded to.  Once it's in that garmin folder, it pops up in BaseCamp.

-Oz-

I just posted a new version of the Arizona Topo installer that should not have this problem. You won't even have to modify the location of the map.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Just occurred to me that there should be a simple, user-friendly solution to older maps not appearing in Basecamp under Windows 10. I think you can just run Javawa MapConverter, and that will put the map into Garmin's new gmap format in the correct location for new versions of Windows. Should also make the map more compatible the next time Garmin or Microsoft changes their software. ;)

I'm on Windows 7 so I can't test this, but would be interested to hear if it works for Windows 10.

http://www.javawa.nl/mapconverter_en.html