GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

My Trails won't overlay Garmin topos100K

Started by gfm, February 14, 2016, 02:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfm

I'm new to this, and downloaded MY Trails thinking it should overlay other topos.  My Oregon 650t has Garmin topos100k and the MY Trails isn't overlaying when I turn them both on.  Every post I read suggests MYTrails is transparent, but I guess the question is does it work with topos100K? It appears not, I'm asking since maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Anybody? Thanks.

z_statman

It is an overlay so the first thought is it isn't enabled

jtkt1981

You need to zoom way in for the trails to show, assuming it was really enabled.

gfm

Well if enabled means that I turned it on in configue maps- yes i did. And i zoom all the way. It works alone and with OMS. I downloaded garmin 24ktopos and it didn't work with that either. Topos100k is a low priority so im stumped.
Has it worked for anybody here with garmin topos. The author quoted it works with citynav i assumed it would with their topos.

z_statman

Yes, am running Garmin topos on my Montana 650 and Monterra and MyTrails shows on both

gfm

Oh that makes me feel good. It works with OMS so i know it can work. Why yours and not mine? Someone?

jtkt1981

Got both working fine together on an older Oregon 200 gps,  My Trails and Garmin Northeast US 24k topo. 

gfm

Okey dokey.  Not the end of the world.  What I did notice was I got the two to work(didn't do anything different) whereas all that is visible is some shading from the garmin topo and red trail markers from MyTrails.
Something ain't jiving.  Thanks anyway.