GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin eTrex 30 tracks

Started by ducky, December 13, 2015, 04:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ducky

Can someone help out? My Garmin eTrex 30 is not creating a new current track for each trip; like it did before. It would create a new current track and name it with the date it was created. If I went on three hikes on separate days, it would create three current tracks files. I would not clear the current track in-between hikes.

For some unknown reason, now all the tracks are added to the first day's current track. New ones are not created; there is only one. How do I revert back and make it create a new current track for each day's hike?

Seldom

Save the track at the end of each hike.  Clear the tracklog before the next hike.  Save after the next hike.  Clear before the next after that.  If you don't tell the unit when you are done hiking, it will assume you are on a multi day expedition.  If you fly cross country during your expedition, it will include the flight as part of your track.

HikingBikingDave

The eTrex merges all the tracks into one if you connect to your PC as mass storage, if you connect as "Garmin" you get separate tracks for each time the power is turned on.  To select which connection method go to Setup menu, select System, then select USB Mode.