GPSFileDepot.com

How to make hole in polygon transparent in GPSMapEdit with .typ file?

Started by RCinSTP, November 29, 2015, 11:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCinSTP

I have a vector polygon (blue color) shape file with a hole in the center of the polygon.  I added the shape file to GPSMapEdit and I am using a .typ file to edit the colors, transparency, draw level, etc.

The hole is always white. I can make the blue polygon transparent and raise or lower it above or below another polygon, but whenever the blue polygon is visible, the hole in the center is white.

Indrid Cold

It doesn't look like GPSMapEdit can display polygon islands properly so I would just fix the geometry of the polygon so that the island resides outside the polygon

RCinSTP

Thank you very much for your help.  I'm not sure how to fix the geometry of the polygon, would it be "Cutting donut holes in existing polygons" or maybe "Filling in donut holes in polygons" as in the link below.  Or, do you mean something different.  This is very frustrating because the map looks perfect in ArcMap, but I'm having a difficult time getting the shapefiles to look the same as ArcMap by changing color and the draw order in the .typ file with GPSMapEdit.

http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?id=563&pid=560&topicname=Common_polygon_editing_tasks

Indrid Cold

no, those are not going to help you. in Arc, you need to Edit the polygon so that the inside edge becomes a part of the outside edge. This is done with the cut polygons tool in the editor.