GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Cannot get Big Desert Southwest Map to download?

Started by DezertRatt, November 07, 2015, 09:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DezertRatt

Hello there,

I'm new to this site...and...wow!  Love this!!!!

I've downloaded one map so far-with no issues...but I cannot get the Big Desert Southwest map to download. I've tried using several different browsers, etc. but no luck.  (I have a Garmin GPSMAP64, and I'm using Windows 7. (Edit: I see the download start...but it hangs...says 0.0 of 1.2 GB and that doesn't change.)

I'd greatly appreciate any advice anyone has. 

Thanks!

Seldom

More specifics would help.  What ISP do you have?  What medium does the ISP have to get the last mile? Fiber, radio, cable, copper?  What size is  the biggest map you've downloaded?  Big Desert Southwest about a 1 gig file.  It has had 5000+ downloads.  Can you normally download files that size?  Have you tried Desert Southwest (not Big)?  It's about half the size and has had about 8000 downloads.

DezertRatt

Hi Seldom,

I was able to download the "Desert Southwest" map with no problem. After trying to get the Big Desert Southwest file to download and it wouldn't, I just downloaded the California Topo11 map...no problem.  My internet service is fixed wireless, and gives me 10 Mbps download speed-no limit.  I've downloaded files far larger than this one...no issues.  It's not my ISP...that's for certain.  I can have every device in my home streaming at one time...and never even a hiccup. (Nothing but my PC is online right now.) A 1.2 gig file should be no sweat, and should be downloading very quickly for me.  I'll just leave it there...if something is hanging up on the other end...perhaps it'll resolve itself and start downloading.

Thanks!

Seldom

Sounds like all the easy answers are used up.  Maybe -OZ- will have something to offer.  You aren't using AVAST anti-virus are you?  That's caused some folks problems with this site.

DezertRatt

No, I'm not using AVAST.  In the past  minute, it's suddenly downloaded a couple of megs...perhaps download traffic is heavy? 

DezertRatt

Update!  It started downloading by itself...there must have been something going on...at the sever end.  All done!