Main Menu

nevada and idaho editors choice maps don't download

Started by [email protected], July 15, 2014, 01:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

The 2 above named topo maps don't download;
a 9k .exe file appears for each.  They appear to be some
kind of binary but windows 7 doesnt recognize it
as an executable, & avast finds no threat.

Problem repeatable.

Other downloads seen ok.

-Oz-

I just downloaded both.  Idaho was 194mb .exe file.  What browser?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

ronackermann

I also am having a problem with Idaho, Nevada, as well as Arizona. I've tried it with Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox with the same result. In the case of Idaho I get a 9KB file called "idtopo_install.exe". Arizona is a 9KB file called "1-3394-aztopo_install.exe" and Nevada is 9KB file called "nevada_1.0_install.exe" In all cases trying to run them give an error message of "path/filename.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

-Oz-

What virus scan are you running?  Those are the correct file names but they should be a lot bigger than 9kb.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

ronackermann

Avast, and that was the problem. I turned it off and was able to download all three files. Thanks.

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Joe DiGiovanni

Glad I found this thread because I had the same problem and Avast! was the culprit as well... Thanks!