GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

I must be stupid

Started by fdog, January 09, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fdog

...because I can't get my map to upload.

The Java runs fine after I agree to sign in blood for the consequences. After dragging the .exe to the window, it seems to upload okay. It's all done and shows the file as uploaded successfully.

When I click the link on the home page, is shows my map as not being hosted on GPSFileDepot. ...What the...? And when I return to edit my uploads, it shows nothing there.

I also can't edit the text for the description. I mean, I can, but after clicking submit it never shows up.

I DID search for a tutorial or something (you have to admit, getting a file to host is certainly not intuitive!).

It must be because I'm the new guy. Dang.

All the best, James

Red90

Operating system?  Browser?

fdog

Win7, all updates, tried both Chrome & IE 11. Behavior is the same both ways.

All the best, James

Seldom

I haven't had any problems with FireFox.  My OS Win7-64.

-Oz-

When you're uploading the map there is a number in the url at the top.  What is the number and I can look into it further.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

The upload actually worked.  Since there was no content in the large content box, only in description, it didn't recognize it as being a completed map.  I copied your content from description into the content box and the map is now available.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

dbperry

My custom KMZ map collection:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/byuser/13384/