GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Donate

Started by MountainWoods, May 25, 2013, 12:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainWoods

I'd like to donate to the cause, after the wonderful maps I've gotten here and the help with my Garmin for issues that I didn't even know it had!

However, when I use the Donate button and choose the United States, the address still insists on my choosing a UK County, rather than a US State.  The amount does show US$ rather than UK currency.  But I don't want anything to get confused.  When the address area is fixed, I'll be happy to contribute.

Thanks!

MountainWoods

Ok.  I got that fixed.  In paypal, if you click the drop-down for the country first (before entering the amount), you get an error message.  From there on, it is confused, even after entering the amount.  It doesn't update anything below the country drop-down.

So I started afresh, put in the US$ amount then clicked the country drop-down to choose United States, and then everything below updated based on that drop-down choice.

Only problem is that paypal won't take my kind of card.  :(
Oh well.  Next option....

MountainWoods

Well, I thought it was so worthwhile to contribute, that I stold, uh, borrowed a card that was accepted and did it that way.  Where there's a will, there's a waypoint.  Even though darn paypal makes it harder to pay than it should be.

Y'all keep up the good work.  And if you ever need me for anything besides donations (remember that I am an Application Architect), don't hesitate to contact me.  I'm really benefiting from what I got here; so I'm happy to give back.

-Oz-

Thanks and glad you got it sorted out.  I had no idea paypal was such a pain.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!