GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Images linked to Big Desert Southwest download page don't show.

Started by Seldom, July 17, 2013, 06:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

I'm afraid I can't figure out how to get my images to link.  It worked the for the smaller version of the map, but not this one.  :-[

-Oz-

When you add the images via the editor you need to remove the  part and just use the url.  I edited it for you so you can see.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

eaparks

Oz, when you say you need to remove the  part and just use the url, what are you referring to?  I've considered adding images to my maps posted here but just haven't taken the time to learn what is required to add an image.  An example of the format would save me the learning curve.
Thanks.

dbperry

I'm not exactly sure if this is what is being asked here, but I'll give it a try:

When you upload a picture to the image hosting portion of this website, you get a page that looks like this:

You need SOME of the text on the third line of code in the list of four. Copy ONLY the URL of the image - not the HTML code. For example, using my example page above, you want to copy just the "http://imghst.gpsfiledepot.com/1332296046.jpg" Then:

1) go to the page where your can edit your download page
2) position your cursor where you want the image
3) click on the little picture frame button in the middle of the second row of toolbar buttons
4) A dialog box opens...under the URL field, paste the URL of your image.
5) No need to populate anything else in that dialog box
6) Click OK and you're done!

There are other ways to do it, and if you're still not sure how to do it, I can add some better instructions.

Dave
My custom KMZ map collection:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/byuser/13384/

eaparks

Thanks, now I'll take the time to add images to some of my maps.