GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Is Ohio Topo transparent?

Started by er1300, March 03, 2009, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

er1300

Let me apologize at the outset for being such a newbie...I want thank all of you mappers for your hard work and interest in making all the great maps available to us.

My problem/question is whether the Ohio Topo map is intended to be transparent or must I switch off City Navigator to use the Ohio Topo?

I'm having a similar issue w/US & Counties.. Did I install incorrectly? Thanks.

maps4gps

If you are refering to my Ohio Topo, it is NOT transparent.  I believe you are correct that you need to switch off the CN map (I do not have CN, so I am going by what others have said).  I thought OZ made the state/county map transparent so it could be overlaid on other maps.  He, or someone who uses it should answer you on that.

-Oz-

the US & counties is transparent; it should show over the top of city navigator.  You can actually navigate with city navigator when the ohio topo is on top; since the ohio map doesn't have routing it will default to city navigator.  You just won't be able to see the map (but the route should appear on the ohio topo).

What GPS are you using?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

er1300

Thanks for the quick answers.  I'm using the Nuvi 760.

Oz I'm a bit confused when you say that the device should default to CN even if ohio topo "is on top".  Not sure what you mean by it being on top.

When I used MapSource to trnsfr ohio topo US and Counties and My POIs, I didn't realize I'd lose CN.  Panic!!! Then went to Garmin and since the device is only three days old, I got a free download of updated CN, which now appears on Mapsource, along w/the other maps, and fr where I can add it/them or not depending on use.

Are you saying that I can uncheck CN on the nuvi, run ohio topo and US Counties and CN will automatically take over ? Is that what you mean when you say the device will default to CN when ohio topo 'is on top'?

Sorry to be so stuck on defining comments but I'm just a foreigner learning  a new language...

-Oz-

if you leave everything checked it should work and you should see the topo.  Thats the simplest way.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!