GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mapsource Patch Failure

Started by Hunting Havoc, February 26, 2009, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunting Havoc

Anybody know why when I would download the latest Mapsource patch from Garmin's website it fails to see that I have a version already loaded so it gives me an error?  I just have the Garmin folder set-up and within that folder is the Mapsource file.   

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Hunting Havoc

Here is the link from the Garmin website.  http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

The version is MapSource software version 6.15.4 . 

It does not recognize that I have Mapsource loaded regardless of which folder I copy the patch into when I launch it. 

-Oz-

Downloading now; I'll try it out when I get home from work.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Stoaty

Installed fine for me on Windows Vista SP1.  I installed it directly from Mapsource using "Check for Updates" from the Help Menu.

--John

-Oz-

I installed it from the website and it also worked fine.  Just uninstall your current mapsource (it won't remove any maps) and install the new one.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!