GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin update

Started by Soccer_Dad, February 22, 2009, 06:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soccer_Dad

I'm not sure how many of you visit the Garmin site, but in checking in this week, I found that they were going to update my maps.  I got the updated North America street map, plus EcoRoute software, plus the Mapsource program.

I have a nuvi 205 btw.

I haven't seen any other mention of this, so maybe no one else goes back to Garmin.

John

-Oz-

Soccer_dad: can you go down a newly made road with no speed data; my wife's 255w freaked out and kept beeing because of a 1mph speed alert after i did the firmware update.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Soccer_Dad

I didn't think Garmin's did speed alerts.  Certainly, my 205 doesn't.  It's a nice feature, I'll admit.

John

-Oz-

well, its supposed to be speed limits; but it wigged out and did alerts after the update on some roads.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

huntting

Is there any way to determine the current version numbers for Garmin map products that you do NOT currently own? I need to buy CN EU sometime before the end of the summer, but I would like to delay as long as possible to get the most recent version.