GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin GPSmap 62

Started by Diogenese_1, April 16, 2012, 08:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd

Quote from: MNhunter on April 18, 2012, 06:23:24 PMI noticed inside the GPS, there was a switch that said, open and locked. I just "opened" the switch. not sure what it does.

That sounds like the cover that is used to hold a microSD memory card in place, and not a "switch".  :)

Seldom

Quote from: Boyd on April 19, 2012, 05:17:20 AM
Quote from: MNhunter on April 18, 2012, 06:23:24 PMI noticed inside the GPS, there was a switch that said, open and locked. I just "opened" the switch. not sure what it does.

That sounds like the cover that is used to hold a microSD memory card in place, and not a "switch".  :)

So it sounds like you don't have a microSD card installed, and you are sending the maps to Internal Memory. (The only place they can go if you don't have a card.)

MNhunter

Quote from: Boyd on April 19, 2012, 05:17:20 AM

Hmm...well that could be the issue. how do I delete things I have loaded on to the internal memory?

Seldom

Sending to internal memory isn't a problem unless you run out of it.  Then you would connect your 62s to your computer, look in the Garmin drive, and delete any IMG files you have added.  Those would be gmapsupp.imgs that you have renamed. Don't delete gmapbmap.img, gmaptz.img or any files you find there besides those you have added.

MNhunter