GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Unable to see contour lines on CA topo map

Started by ragweed, December 13, 2008, 04:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragweed

Hello and thank you everyone for your contributions.  This is a great site!

Now my problem -- I have a new 60csx and have downloaded some California topo maps, expecting to see the 20 ft contour lines as they display in MapSource.  Unfortunately though none of them show.  What only does display on my GPSr are the roads and streams that also show in MapSource. 

My question then is if there's a trick to getting the contours to display on the 60csx?

TIA

-Oz-

Do you have any other maps loaded up?  Such as City Navigator?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

ragweed

Hi Dan,

Just to play it safe I just copied a single CA topo map to my 60csx so there are no City Navigator maps on the unit now but unfortunately still now contour lines.  For what it's worth I'm storing the maps on the microSD card.

Michael

-Oz-

Glad we could clear it up for you.  It is definitely two mapsets set as one.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

ragweed

Thanks Dan!  I reloaded with only the tall rectangular areas along with City Navigator and now I have the best of both worlds.  

Regards,

Michael

-Oz-

thats good to know... because its below sea level? less than 20ft down?
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

maps4gps

Lowest point is 282ft below sea level.  The Salton Sea area is also below sea level (235ft) ; is it also missing contours?

maps4gps

Not that easy.  Many coastal area have barrow pits which also can also go below sea level.  Many land areas around New Orleans (its Mardi Gras time) are below sea level and this is extremely important there.  The flat water contour artifacts also occur on the Great Lakes and reservoirs.