GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Applause or Smiting....Purpose

Started by woodstramp, January 09, 2012, 01:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodstramp

Something I don't recall earlier, but I notice that members have a "applause" or "smite" option with thier posts now.

Just curious.....what is the purpose of this?  I assume the postive vote will make a member feel loved and appreciated (or at least get them a better placement in the next life).   :)

Will enough "smites" get you banned, or just erode your self asteem (or just turn you into a toad in the next physical incarnation)?  :)

Seldom

Quote from: woodstramp on January 09, 2012, 01:53:48 AM
Just curious.....what is the purpose of this?  I assume the postive vote will make a member feel loved and appreciated (or at least get them a better placement in the next life).   :)

More like it lets Oz and Indrid know that they are loved, so they have a next life.  Helps track spammers and users who may be violating the sites terms of use.

woodstramp

Seldom,

The spammer thing makes sense.  Hadn't thought of that.  Thanks.

-Oz-

Yep, when people have negative karma it makes it very easy to get rid of them.  Also, new users can see who has helped out others a lot (like the 10 karma points seldom has).
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

QuoteWell, then. So much for that. Not even locked, just a vague memory. And a sort of coppery taste in my mouth -- what's that all about?

-Oz-

I approve of the post above this one.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!