GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Download problem(s)

Started by AZtoCO, January 16, 2012, 09:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZtoCO

I'm having difficulties downloading maps (Mac version), specifically the NM topo.  After many attempts I was able to download the Colorado topo, but have had no luck with either New Mexico nor Arizona.  I have tried three browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox).  All downloads fail during the download with some sort of error message (e.g. interrupted, unable to read source file, etc.).  Safari reported downloading 230 Mb when I terminated it (the NM file is reported to be 148 Mb).  Download speeds are running about 120 KBps.

Is there an ftp download option or does someone know the solution?
Thanks.

-Oz-

Do you have any software running such as Norton 360 (or the mac equivalent)?  They sometimes mess with downloads.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

AZtoCO

No, I had no virus or other such intrusive software running.  After the post I successfully downloaded the "My Trails..." file, about 29 megs if I recall correctly.  It came down first time with no hiccups.  Tried the NM Topo afterwards and still had the same problems.

-Oz-

i just downloaded the file and it appears to open for me.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Hard to say, maybe you are downloading during server maintenance but it sounds like something on your end.