GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 SD card

Started by PineStump, January 13, 2011, 04:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineStump

It`s Great to have sites like this.I just bought a Oregon 450,so I`m still in the learning mode with it.I see the recommended SD card is 4GB.Can I use a 8GB SDHC MICRO card? Besides downloading a map to it.I would also like to load a few picture on it also.I don`t want to buy an 8GB SDHC card and not be able to use it.

Boyd

Are you going to get a BirdsEye subscription? If so, get the biggest card you can afford. I am using a 16GB card in my Oregon 400t with no problems. It's completely full with BirdsEye imagery. Would like to get a 32GB card but have seen conflicting info as to whether it would work.

All I can say is that my 16GB card works fine in my 400t. I wouldn't expect you to have any problems with an 8GB card. But if you don't plan to use BirdsEye, it's probably larger than you will need.

babj615

Hello PineStump! I use a 16GB Patriot SD in my 550t and an 8GB Patriot SD in my 450, and have had zero issues with either!
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

PineStump

Yes I was thinking about trying BirdsEye.Now to find a place to buy a 16GB card.One more thing, Is there any advantages over A SDHC card compared to aSD card?

Boyd

Yes definitely, because there is no such thing as a 16GB SD card (you will have to use SDHC).   ;D

PineStump

OK! You guys have been a lot of help and I`m sure I`ll be back with other questions.So.Thanks a lot for all your help. :)