Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forums Search:  

Author Topic: All my BaseCamp routes have lost all elevation graphs  (Read 213 times)

daveg

• View Profile
All my BaseCamp routes have lost all elevation graphs
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »
I am about to go on a 3-week cycle trip and need the elevations for each leg of the journey. I have many routes stored on BaseCamp and all of them used to show the elevation graph but all of a sudden they have ALL lost the graph. The message is 'The current map does not contain any elevation data for this route(s)'. It's got to be something I have touched either on BaseCamp or my Edge Touring, but what? Can anyone help as I have tried three times to get help from BaseCamp support and it's not happening, as I keep getting links that don't help? Feel free to email me if its easier. THANKS

Boyd

• Expert Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: All my BaseCamp routes have lost all elevation graphs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:46:00 AM »
What map are you using? Garmin's 24k topo and 100k topo maps include DEM (Digital Elevation Model) data which provide elevations for any point on the map. But AFAIK, these are the only maps with this kind of data. Garmin has never revealed how they embed this data in a map, and there are no third party tools for others to use. So, for example, none of the maps on this site include DEM data.

Now in the past, I think Garmin's software would apply elevations from wherever your track/route crossed an elevation contour on a regular topo map. Not sure if that system is still supported on their newer software and devices.

This isn't a feature I've ever used though, and I also dislike Basecamp and rarely use it. So I can't offer specific suggestions on settings, etc. But if you have switched from using a Garmin topo map to a third party map, that could be the problem.

popej

• Expert Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: All my BaseCamp routes have lost all elevation graphs
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 01:48:30 PM »
Now in the past, I think Garmin's software would apply elevations from wherever your track/route crossed an elevation contour on a regular topo map. Not sure if that system is still supported on their newer software and devices.
It still works in BaseCamp.

anything