GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Restoring Waypoints for a replaced Oregon 450

Started by rasherry, October 22, 2012, 01:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasherry

Turns out my 450 was defective and was replaced with a new one.  I want to transfer all my waypoints and routes that I have in Basecamp on to the new unit but am afraid to plug in the new unit as I fear it may over write the old data.  What is the safest method for plugging in the new unit and recovering the files from my previous unit?

rasherry

What may have complicated the process is I have new waypoints and routes on the new unit that I also want to keep.  Basically, I need to know if there is a way to sync the file I have in Basecamp with the new info I have on my new unit so that I can end up with 1 file containing old and new info.

Indrid Cold

Go ahead and plug in the new Oregon. Copy the data from the new unit into a new list, then send the backup data from BaseCamp to the new unit and you're done.

rasherry

Thanks for the reply.  I first exported my old file to the desktop as backup, renamed the file 'recently read from handheld' then plugged my new device into the imac.  To insure the new waypoints would not be overwritten, once they were 'read' into Basecamp I copied and pasted them into the renamed file then transferred that file back to my new unit.  Process worked and I now have all my waypoints and routes from both the old and new units in one file.