GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSMap 60cs not showing base map

Started by mapmanuk, September 14, 2012, 07:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapmanuk

We are going away to the lake district shortly with friends so I invited one of those friends over in order to upload my lake district map to his GPSMap 60cs.

He's not used it for a long while. When we turned the unit on we were surprised to see it wasn't displaying the UK base map (the unit was purchased in the UK and always used to display the base map OK). All we could see was a coarse outline of the UK - no roads, towns etc. no matter how close we zoomed in. I went into map setup and it seemed to indicate the unit thought it had some sort of US marine map (or database). I don't know if that's the problem. Anyway, we tried all the settings we could think of to no avail. We could not get the unit to display the base map.

We then decided to ignore the problem and upload my lake district map. This uploaded OK and the map setup screen acknowledges that the lake district map is there and it has a tick by it. Despite this, when we tried to zoom in on the lake district there were still no cartographic details. No roads, no towns, no sign of the uploaded maps.

Help! Anyone seen a similar problem before? Any suggestions what to try next to get the base map and/or uploaded maps to be visible again?

maps4gps

There was a similiar issue early this week? which was caused by having the GPSr display in marine mode.  I would also suggest having the 'marine map' hide (it will be hide when the status ask if you want to show it).