GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Base camp NW Trails

Started by Blackjack44, October 14, 2011, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackjack44

I have loaded NW trails on my garmin Oregon successfully.  However, I cannot see the map in base camp.  What can I do.

Thanks

Seldom

I believe you need to zoom in to 7 miles or less to see the trails.

Blackjack44

The problem is that NW Trails is not a map available in the drop down box.  I have imported it just fine on the unit.  However I cannot work with it in Basecamp.  I even tried the Washington Topo and cannot get it to populate in Basecamp as well.  I can get these to work on the Oregon  450 unit though.

Seldom

What OS are you using.  If Win7-64 try loading My Trails:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/53

It has fixed the no-show problem for others.

If you don't have BaseCamp working, how do you transfer the maps to your OR?

Blackjack44

I only have the garmin 24k west map on base camp and the Oregon.  The garmin maps work fine but not enough detail.  Your link above doesn't help if i am in Washington state.  I am running os windows 7 64k

Boyd

The idea of loading that map has nothing to do with your location in Washington. There is some "secret sauce" in the file that often cures other problems for Windows 7 64 bit Basecamp users.

Blackjack44

Fair enough.  My Trails in installed.  What do I do next to get this to work and help?  Thanks everyone for your help escpically when everything is working!

Seldom

You should see My Trails (and other installed maps) in the dropdown box at the top left corner of your BaseCamp screen.  If you don't see them, please advise what you see.

Blackjack44

The only map I see is "topo us 24k west" Which is a garmin product.

Seldom

Was BaseCamp running when you did the install?  It needs to be closed.  Try closing and reopening BaseCamp,  If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and re-installing My Trails.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Blackjack44

It was running.  I tried closing it and only running map install.  Mytrails populates like all the others.  However I cannot click and drag anything.  Nothing shows up in storage amount either. 

Seldom

Quote from: Blackjack44 on October 15, 2011, 12:52:08 PM
It was running.  I tried closing it and only running map install.  Mytrails populates like all the others.  However I cannot click and drag anything.  Nothing shows up in storage amount either.

What do you mean by "My Trails populates like all the others?"
What are you trying to click and drag?  MapInstall will create a file called gmapsupp.img on your GPSr or remote memory.

Have you read these tutorials?
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/

They may help you in formulating further questions.

Blackjack44

The maps I want show up in "map install".  I go through the process of clicking and dragging the section I want then installing them.  Mytrails will not let me click and drag anything though.  The other maps that are on it do.  These other map show up when I look under maps on the unit itself.....  However the maps are not available when I open basecamp in either "my collection" or "garmin 450". Only the garmin map shows up.  I'll send you screen prints if you would like.  Pulling my hair out of my head!

Seldom

You're looking in the wrong place.  Do you have a dropdown menu on the top left of the BaseCamp Window that lists the name of one of your maps?  Like where this image shows TOPO US 2008?:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/images/articles/open-basecamp1.jpg.pagespeed.ce.NS4E97Pspz.jpg

A similar drop down menu is at the bottom left of the MapInstall dialog.

Blackjack44

I have both.  Bottom line, how do I get the maps that are available in map install to also populate in basecamp?  I have filled the process of clicking and dragging.  However they are not showing up in basecamp after I follow the instructions.