GPSFileDepot.com

Using Eastern Public Land Map with MapSource

Started by wilron, September 30, 2011, 06:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilron

Hello Friends - I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I recently downloaded Eastern Public Land Owners Map for use on MapSource.  My version of MapSource is 6.16.3.  I also have TOPO US 2008 and Inland Lakes 2009 installed for use on MapSource. 

I can use the Eastern Public Land Owners Map, but lose all other map features (like roads & lakes).  I'd like to see both.

My question is if anyone knows how I can use the Eastern Public Land Owners Map as an overlay on top of either my TOPO US or Inland Lakes maps.    I don't even know if this is possible either on my computer or my GPS.  (GPS is an Etrex which I have put maps on already)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Ron

Seldom

You can only view one map product at a time in MapSource or BaseCamp, but you should be able to view the transparent public land map and another underlying non-transparent map on your GPSr.  That said, I understand that Inland Lakes is a little different from the land based maps, so try a land based map first.

jbensman

Techinically, Eastern (and Western) Public lands ownership are not transparent maps.  They use a typ file to make them work like a transparent map.  They will shade (50% of the pixiils) any other map to show land ownership.  They woork great with other maps. 

wilron

Thanks for the help guys.  I really appreciate it.