News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

save route to jpg

Started by ODX, September 28, 2011, 09:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODX

Het Everyone

Tried to find the answer and just figured it was easier to ask the question.

I have some property for sale in southern Utah, I would like to be able to map a route from a major highway near the property to the property itself. Now making the route is easy of course but I would like to save it as a .jpg so that I can email it to perspective buyers since I can't always make it out there to show them because of time restraints and being 2.5 hrs away

How can I do this?

thanks in advance
'nuff said!

Seldom

Where in southern UT?  Got water rights?
I suggest you create your route in MapSource/BaseCamp, make a screenshot (On a PC shift-PrtScrn), paste the image into a photo editor and save it as a JPG.

ODX

its outside of Cedar city about 30 miles west in a little desert town of newcastle, no water rights

here's a link to the KSL ad...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=17407776&cat=342

thanks for the reply I will give that a try
'nuff said!

ODX

worked great thank you very much  :)
'nuff said!

Boyd

If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7, just use the Snipping Tool (look under "accessories"). It's capable of taking screenshots of either the whole window or a user-defined rectangle. You can save it as either .jpg or .png but I have found the .jpg files are poor quality and you'll get cleaner results with .png.

But for your application, I wonder if e-mailing them a link to the property on Google Maps wouldn't be more practical since it would allow the prospective buyer to create their own directions from their current location.

Seldom

Nice to know about the snipping tool.