GPSFileDepot.com

Help getting Hawaii 24K on Garmin Oregon 450

Started by mitaccio, September 26, 2011, 09:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitaccio

I am trying to get the Hawaii Topo 24K map from this site onto my Oregon 450.  The file has an installer, but it isn't putting it into the BaseMap or MapSource.  The files are put into one folder (I choose location, is there a specific place I need to put it?), but the folder consists of several .img files.  I try using the import function on the programs, but it won't accept that file type. I am running the newest BaseCamp and MapSource on a Windows 7 64Bit.  This is my first time doing this, once I know where I am going wrong, it'll all be good.  Thanks.

babj615

download and install "My Trails" and then restart basecamp see if your other maps show up  :)
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

Seldom

Did you read the tutorials?
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/

Do you have a functioning version of BaseCamp or MapSource installed?

Also note the IMG extension used by Garmin is not the same as a disk image.

mitaccio

Finally they show up.  Don't know what changed, maybe the computer needed time to think about what it was doing?  ;)

maps4gps

The software needs to be started after the mapset installer is run.  MS & BC only check the registry for available mapsets when then are started.