GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Rino 530Hcx

Started by patrapper, September 07, 2010, 07:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrapper

I've loaded the Az topo on Mapsource, highlighted the tile wanted & all that. Then downloaded to a 2g micro sd card. Put the card in a Rino 530...went to the map info page & hid the basemap/ showed the Az map, but the gpsr says no map in the bottom left corner. I've scrolled to Az & all that but no map.
I took the sd card out & opened it on my computer. The Garmin folder & map file is there. I deleted all that & reloaded everything except this time thru the usb cable with the sd card in the gpsr. Same thing...no map. I started all over only this time using Northeast Topo Part 1. Same thing???? I'm by no means a computer wizard...but this seems pretty basic. Any suggestions &/or help would be greatly appreciated.

evance

Have you transferred the maps to your GPSr while the SD card is installed?  I have the same Rino and this works great for me.

Rino 530 HCx
ETrex legend
Nuvi 200W
Mobile XT for Windows Mobile

Indrid Cold

I would have to first ask if you have the most recent firmware installed on the GPS. Next, what size datacard and what format you have the card formatted with. Older firmware versions weren't hip to the FAT32 format.

patrapper

Thanks to all who replied. Alls well now. Since I only downloaded one tile, it seems I didn't pan to a specific enough area, just went to Az & expected the map to be there. But I've got it figured out!!
   Again thanks.