GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Newbee stuck with only partial success

Started by PeteSil, June 13, 2010, 06:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteSil

I first want to say that this site is an absolutely great resource and I love it. But unfortuantely, it looks like I lack the knowledge / skill to get everything out of it that I need.
I downloaded the Northeast US topo part 1 and part 3 maps and was able to successfully load them on my Garmin 60CSX except for one major flaw.
When I view the downloaded maps to select the individual sections that I wanted to add, I am unable to see the entire map. In the Northeast topo Part 1, I cannot see the northern half of Vt and NH. In the Northeast topo Part3, I was unable to see anything south of New Jersey and therefore unable to select Maryland (which is the area I really wanted. I saw some reference to different positions but cannot figure out how to select them.
This is probably a pretty dumb question but hope that the solution is obviously easy.
thanks for any assistance.
Pete

maps4gps

MapSource has both the ability to zoom and pan.

PeteSil

I guess that I did not provide enough information. Only the map portion I described is actually visible. I can pan and zoom all over that. But the segments that I am missing are "grayed out" and show no map features at all.