News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 map download problem

Started by dabson, June 01, 2010, 03:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

Quote from: -Oz- on June 05, 2010, 09:44:48 AM
I have the Arizona Topo loaded on win 7 pro 64-bit...

Me too.  Nice map by the way...

-Oz-

Quote from: Buck_Mulligan on June 05, 2010, 02:35:18 PM
Quote from: -Oz- on June 05, 2010, 09:44:48 AM
If you download and install the New Mexico topo does that work?

I'll have to try it. I've only attempted Arizona so far (guess where I live?). It may take me several days to get to it. I'll be back once I've made the attempt.

Thanks to you both.
Yea the reason I want you to try New Mexico is they use slightly different installer scripts so that will help debug the problem.

edit: fixed quote
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Buck_Mulligan

Quote from: -Oz- on June 06, 2010, 06:21:57 AM

Yea the reason I want you to try New Mexico is they use slightly different installer scripts so that will help debug the problem.

edit: fixed quote

The New Mexico download sailed into both BaseCamp and Mapsource like a tar ball on a Gulf coast beach. If I may say so, though, they look WAY nicer. Loaded onto the 450t without a hitch.

So what's different about the Arizona installer?

Buck_Mulligan

I don't like bumping, but I wonder if you've been able to make any progress on this issue with the Arizona map installer.

To make this post not be a total bump, I'll point out that I noticed in the New Mexico install that the maps got installed to (and I'm doing this from memory, so it may not be 100%, but it will serve), ...\Programs(x86)New Mexico Topo instead of ...\Programs(x86)\New Mexico Topo. This is Win7-64. It appears a backslash is missing in the install folder name in the New Mexico installer, unless I changed it somewhere without realizing I did so.

Boyd

I am not familiar with that installer, but if it uses the same template as others on the site, I believe you are prompted for a file location. Otherwise it will use a default.

Buck_Mulligan

You are right, Boyd, thanks. I just tried reinstalling it, and this time it put it where it said it was gonna. So I must have overtyped something when I wasn't paying attention.

OK, so the New Mexico installer is working great. Now I hope I can get some help getting the Arizona maps installed.