News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Florida Topo Map Problem on Mac

Started by FLHiker, February 09, 2010, 04:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLHiker

Hello,

I'd like to start by saying thank you for the great data that this site provides.  I have downloaded the FL topo map (Mac version) to my Mac.  After unzipping it, I double click it to launch Map Manager.  "Florida Topo.gmapi" comes up as a map to install.  I click install, and the map is supposedly installed.  When I open my GPSr (60CS), there are no maps present.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Chris

Boyd

Someone else is having issues on the Mac, and I took a couple wild guesses at the end of this thread: http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php/topic,961.0.html

FLHiker

Thank you for the prompt reply, Boyd, but no good.  I installed Mapsource for Mac from the Garmin site first. Was I to do that, as an installer is included?  Also, I just went to a Windows box and installed Mapsource from Garmin, but the instal aborted because I did not have a previous version of the program installed.  I'm really stumped, now.  :-\

Chris

Indrid Cold

MapManager installs maps onto your Macintosh. You then need to follow the instructions here and use MapInstall to install any maps to your GPS.

Quote from: FLHiker on February 09, 2010, 04:18:08 PM
Hello,

I'd like to start by saying thank you for the great data that this site provides.  I have downloaded the FL topo map (Mac version) to my Mac.  After unzipping it, I double click it to launch Map Manager.  "Florida Topo.gmapi" comes up as a map to install.  I click install, and the map is supposedly installed.  When I open my GPSr (60CS), there are no maps present.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Chris

FLHiker

Thanks.  I did as you suggested and still a no go.  I will try to clean out all of my maps on the GPSr, delete all programs on the Mac and start from scratch.  Will advise.

Chris

Jimbob

I don't know squat about Mac's but in reading your first post it strikes me that you might be omiting something, at least as it compares to windows. You say the florida topo comes up as a map to install, you then click install. With the windows version you must first "select" the map to install. If the Mac system is the same that might be your problem.
Good luck

FLHiker

Hey Jimbob... Yes, I neglected to say that I selected the maps that I wanted to install.  I do get an  option for that.

Thanks,
Chris

FLHiker

Well, I tried it again and it worked.  Very odd.

Indrid Cold